6 Reasons Why a Business Should Have a Social Media Presence?

Top Reasons for a Business to Have a Social Media Presence

It’s 2019 and almost anything that was once available in the market has now found its place on the Internet. Whether you want a room freshener or hire a professional to repair your air conditioner, all you have to do is go to the Internet. Times couldn’t have been better when everything you want is just a click away.  This ease of access has also impacted the businesses in a huge way as only 30% of brands online get established as a well-known brand while the rest 70% get dissolved being labeled as mediocre or unauthentic. 

 

New york

 

Believe it or not, Social media plays a huge role in deciding the fate of a business. One of the well-known “secrets” of having a successful business is the social media presence. It makes marketing easy, affordable and effective for those who are ready to take risks and put their business out there. The more visible a brand becomes, the more are the chances of it growing and gaining a loyal customer base. 

On the Internet, you’ll find plenty of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc. The more platforms you cover, the more are your chances of getting noticed. These sites are filled with people who are potential customers, making it easy for you to know your target and come up with strategies. 

Enough with the overview, here are 6 reasons why a business should have a social media presence. 

 

#1 More visibility means more brand awareness

 

When you put your business online and use social media marketing, you get global reach. This means that more people are watching you than before. You can use this opportunity to create brand awareness and tell people what your business is all about. Now there can be a lot of ways to do that such as interactive blogs, videos, and portfolio. Social media opens the door to a wide audience who can become your customers one day. 

 

#2 Target Audience

 

If your business is on social media and you are posting your content frequently then you start to gain a follower base, people, who are actually interested in your content. And the more platforms you’re on, the more target audience you attract. Social media helps in monitoring that target audience and build strategies to convert them into your customers.  

 

#3 Good content encourages loyalty

 

Social media is the best judge for your content. If the content you are posting is good then it will gain recognition and a loyal customer base. The best part about that is once you have earned the loyalty of customers, they start referring your business to friends and family. This is great for promotions and roping in more and more customers. 

 

#4 Instant Feedback

 

Feedback is the most important part of a business as it not only helps you assess your own service but also use it to attract the attention of potential customers. Usually, when a person goes to a website or looks for a brand, the very first thing he/she does is check the feedback. This gives them the information about whether to use that service or not. Sadly, offline businesses mostly depend upon the mercy of word of mouth. This limits their feedback collection as well as a chance to gain customers. But that’s not the case with social media. On social networking sites, you get feedbacks almost instantly on your service or product. This helps the business in delivering better and getting established as a brand.

 

#5 Affordability

 

There’s no denying the fact that marketing is an expensive business. Sometimes doing a simple marketing campaign can cost a business thousands of dollars. Social media marketing, on the other hand, is somewhat cheaper. A business can get the value from every advertising campaign it runs. Social networking sites such as Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat allow you to run ads for an affordable price.  

 

#6 Build Connections

 

Social media is an amazing place to build connections. Getting in contact with other businesses can be proven fruitful for you as you get to gain more potential customers. The chances of you getting seen increases as you can connect with well-established brands. The best part about building-connections is that you can always promote each other’s business thus maintaining good-will and increasing the authenticity of your brand. 

 

One thing is sure that social media is a brutal place where a business has to fight hard to survive among the competitors. But once a brand is established and gained authenticity, the fight becomes a little bit easy. All a business has to do is take the right steps and learn from the mistakes of competitors. Social Media presence is an opportunity for a business to grow and expand its reach.

Written By - Ramnish on 20 Jul, 2019